Fatty acids carry out many functions that are necessary for maintaining optimal health, and the fatty acid status of a client provides valuable information that relates to both risk and progression of a range of diseases. Determining fatty acid status assists the practitioner in identifying those individuals who would benefit from omega-3 supplementation. The Igennus Opti-O-3 biomarker test is a safe, cost effective and minimally invasive dried blood spot (DBS) method that can be carried out by the client at home. In addition, the Opti-O-3 offers a personalised approach to condition management by focusing on optimising validated biomarkers of disease risk through identification of the client’s unique fatty acid requirements.
In this refresher webinar, Dr Bailey will discuss:
- Fatty acid testing: who, why and when?
- Why choose the Igennus Opti-O-3: a comparison of laboratories
- How to interpret results, including:
- New fatty acid reference ranges
- Overview of fatty acid functions
- Intervention considerations
- Personalised intervention