This month we are excited to launch the first of our new Pure Essentials supplements for everyday wellbeing. Pure Essentials captures the very best of natural raw ingredients and uses advanced delivery technologies proven by science to deliver optimal amounts of nutrients into the body. Starting with a potent 1-a-day omega-3 wild fish oil, this range will comprise the very best supplement formulas for optimal wellbeing support developed by Igennus nutrition scientists.
Helping you to live an active, happy & healthy life
The foundations of good health are no secret, yet feeling great eludes many of us much of the time. Most of us know that our mental and physical wellbeing depends upon prioritising our sleep, minimising stress, improving our nutrition, moving and exercising more, all whilst maintaining strong social relationships – yet, understandably, few of us manage to achieve all of these together. Pure Essentials supplements will help you to fill in any gaps in your nutrition, enabling you to focus on other equally important areas of your life.
Same credentials, broader purpose
We specialise in clinical nutrition because our core belief is that high quality, well researched supplements play an important role in healthcare. Supplements also play a crucial role in keeping people well, so it’s a natural extension of our expertise at Igennus to bring fantastic quality supplements to those who want a little bit of extra support with their non-clinical health concerns – perhaps related to energy, immunity, stress or mild mood issues – as well as those who want the protective benefits that optimal nutrition can provide.
Rest assured that Pure Essentials supplements will adhere to the same quality credentials as any Igennus supplement – premium, well tolerated natural ingredients, sometimes enhanced using delivery technologies to improve/increase bioavailability and always effective. Since the aim of Pure Essentials is to complement the diet, dosing will be lower than our clinical range. Our nutrition scientists don’t believe in throwing in excessively high doses of ingredients in cheaper forms just to appear to be high strength – in fact, you may notice slightly lower doses of some ingredients than other companies boast simply because we’ll be selecting the most bioavailable or active ingredient forms, meaning that less will do more.
Affordable quality, incredible value, fair claims
Crucially, this range will be affordable and good value. Our goal is to make supplements that actually work, so we don’t and won’t produce budget options, because the low doses and poor forms dictated by very low prices simply would not be effective. Unfortunately, there are supplements available with such poor forms and low doses that they scientifically almost cannot deliver any health benefits. With Pure Essentials, expect good doses, in great forms – and supplements that will do what they claim to do.
Introducing a potent 1-a-day fish oil
The first of our Pure Essentials range is Super Concentrated Omega-3 Wild Fish Oil & Vitamin D3– an 80% concentration, high strength 1-a-day omega-3 fish oil. Each capsule provides 410 mg EPA, 250 mg DHA and 1000 iu vitamin D3. The omega-3 is provided in the superior rTG form, which is body-ready and delivers higher levels of omega-3 into cells faster than any other source of omega-3.
Why it’s so good
- Exceptional bioavailability: rTG (re-esterified triglyceride) is hands down the best form for raising omega-3 levels in the body. rTG delivers omega-3 into cells and raises the omega-3 index (a marker of the proportion of EPA and DHA out of total fat in cell membranes) faster and higher than standard triglyceride fish oil and krill oil (providing phospholipids), dose for dose
- Ultra pure: like all Igennus omega-3 oils, our raw fish oils pass legal limits for mercury and PCBs before they have even been purified! We then molecularly distil the oil to remove any impurities to virtually undetectable levels
- Wild fish oil: we never use farmed fish, only short-lived wild anchovies, which are low in the food chain and less prone to bioaccumulation of pollutants than large fish
- Effective dose: 660 mg of EPA and DHA in one dose, and 1000 iu vitamin D3 – ideal for optimal wellbeing support
- It doesn’t overload the body: with 1-a-day capsules you shouldn’t deliver too much oil in one go, or you risk overloading the body and increasing the chance of valuable omega-3s being burned for energy. This is one reason that large omega-3 oil capsules (with an impressive-sounding 1000 mg or more) containing standard 30% fish oil and around 300 mg of EPA and DHA are not so effective. Pure Essentials Omega-3 Wild Fish Oil provides 660 mg active omega-3 EPA and DHA from 893 mg fish oil, so it’s quite a bit smaller than the average 1-a-day omega-3 supplement, while delivering more than twice the amount of omega-3.
- With added vitamin D: naturally found in fish oil, we’ve chosen to include vitamin D3 to top up daily intake, since many adults fall short on this important nutrient.
- No fish reflux: we know that some people experience reflux with fish due to issues digesting fats, so we’ve added natural lemon oil which entirely disguises any fish taste – if you bite into the capsule, it’s a delicate lemon flavour.
Our nutritionists are busy formulating and sourcing fantastic ingredients for the next Pure Essentials supplements, more news of which will follow in the next couple of months.